So, just as Andy predicted, it has been a few months since I last updated our blog. It is harder to keep up with than I thought. Thanks to my wonderful husband, I have been reminded that luckily it's not a news report that needs to be on the boss' desk before midnight and I can update as frequently or as little as I like....my hero!
We have had a great 2010 and are now looking forward to a great 2011. Diego experienced many firsts in 2010 like learning to walk, learning to chew real food, learning to say a few words like "Go Pack Go," "Touchdown!" and of course "Out!" Do you see a pattern here? His vocabulary right now is 80% sports related and 20% need related like when he needs food or a drink, he can show me through sign that he is hungry or thirsty, it's great! He also experienced his first Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas as a toddler. He was able to eat pretty much everything on his plate for both holidays and the joy he had while opening gifts was unexplainable in words. It was amazing to see him be so appreciative of everything he received. He would open every gift with a "Ooooohhh....YAY!" Even if it was a blanket for mommy and daddy...he was excited all around!
We also experienced going to the Indiana State Fair for the first time ever! It was the year of the Pig and so much of the theme of the fair was Pig related.....Diego especially loved the little piglets he saw hanging around their mommy looking for milk. We discovered this past year that Diego has a deep and sincere love for animals. If he could live on a farm he would! He wanted to touch everything from the goats to the cows down to the little worms he would find in the mud.....it's so fun to watch but a bit scary at times too. Since he does not know how to be cautious quite yet, a barking dog does not scare Diego, he takes it as a sign of wanting to play, don't mind the teeth and the growling that is accompanying it, so we have to be cautious for Diego when we get around any and all animals.
The year 2010 also marked three years of married bliss for Andrew and I! We celebrated by all being sick the week of our anniversary and recovering together. It was great! What anniversaries become the longer you are married right? It was fine though....we had dinner made for us by Andy's parents and we were able to spend some much needed relaxing time together before Andy's schedule got to crazy with Christmas sales. We really can't believe that it has already been three years. We feel as if we just walked into the temple together for the first time! It's amazing! It's even more amazing that three years is nothing compared to the eternal life we have to spend together....I love my husband!!! Thank goodness for forever families!
Well, I think this catches us back up to speed a bit. Hopefully I can be better about updating the blog more frequently but that too is just another new year's resolution:)
Hasta Luego!
Hey!! Love the pictures! Diego is adorable! And you guys are the cutest lifeguard family!
ReplyDelete-Alysha