Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Back for more...

can hear my dear friend Jeni now, "It's been a while since your last post." To all of you, this may seem like a nag, but to me it is the best reminder of two things. 1. I have a friend that cares about my life and 2. I sincerely live recording my family's adventures! So, without further ado I give you the last five months of the Stearns home life. Hope you can keep up! 
So here is a big one...our babysitter and long time friend, Allison decided not to wait for Diego and married her sweetheart, Justin Reeb in August. As time came closer I didn't think I could make it but Andy suggested I go and we managed to work things out to get me to Denver for the wedding. The above picture was right after I told her I could not come. 

This is on her wedding day! Proof that friendships can be as strong as family bonds! Love her..and Justin is okay himself😉
Next, this little guy decided it was time to turn 5 yrs old!! So he did. We celebrated this one as a family and I promised a birthday party for next year. Whoops!


If you can't tell from the birthday cards and his t-shirt, Diego is still IN LOVE with with baseball! So of course we signed up for little league and here are some great pictures from that adventure:



He had a great time playing for Fall Creek Little League and learned a lot in Fall Ball! Hopefully he continues to develop "his game" and is ready for the spring season.

I almost forgot one of my favorite Indiana traditions, the State Fair!! We were able to go as a family this year and here are some fun moments from that trip.


My kids LOVE "Little hands on the farm." They are such Midwesterners 😄

If you would have told me that my future posterity would be "milking cows" at a state fair, the L.A girl in me would have laughed out loud! So glad we don't see the future because I would not trade this for the world.
I cannot forget to mention that Madalynn has turned 1 since the last time I blogged..(I get it, I'm horrible at this!) My sweet baby is walking everywhere, sporting 6 new teeth and trying to say words like "Apple" and "agua" that's water in Spanish. She calls Diego "Ddd" and JJ "Jshj" it's great! She too had a family party but I have learned that the first birthday, they might never remember.
Of course we had fairy wrapping paper..I finally have my girl!! I will live it up!


Andy and I constantly refer to Madalynn as our little "China doll" for a variety of reasons. So it seemed fitting that she receive a doll representing China. She loves it and holds her like a baby. It melts my heart.

Yep, I traveled to Boston in September for a very large Inbound Marketing conference. If you have not heard, I am the Director of Business Development for a digital agency here in Indy, SpinWeb! I love it and going to this conference was extremely helpful for my learning and development. However, 5 days away from my kids and husband made me a bit crazy but also a bit goofy:
My friend, Allison and I sporting our cool "hipster" shades. 
I felt a little (okay A LOT) patriotic when we found this guy😉 Lets be real people, I don't care what side of the political boat you sit, the early days of this country were probably filled with awesome!! People with ideas for a better tomorrow...gives me chills! Okay, you get my point, I'm very patriotic!!🇺🇸
Then fall came and it was a fabulous chance to go play in the leaves!

It is very difficult to get all three of them facing the same direction for a picture! *sigh*
JJ loves collecting the leaves into a big pile he can then jump into!
Then Halloween came! No really, it snuck up on me. It's important to note a HUGE change to our home one week before this picture was taken. 
Andy took a position in Schaumburg, IL at Champs Sports' Woodfield Mall location. It's an incredible opportunity to advance his career and be near all the "big shots" of the company. However, since this transfer is temporary (a year to 18 months) the rest of us stayed behind. So consequently, we have been without Andy in our home since right before Halloween😢 We get to see him about once a month and it's always a great reunion! 
So I just need the world to know that I got a husband moved up to Chicago and figured out Halloween for my kids all in less than a week. (Yes, I am patting myself on the back) in all honesty, we are truly not meant to do this alone, I know each family dynamic is different and I respect that, but I count my blessings EVERYDAY that I don't have to be a "single mom" forever. Wow! Andy really is so much my support in this crazy life we have created. I love him and am so grateful for my marriage. 
Great lead into the last thing I'll write about, Thanksgiving!!! My favorite holiday/birthday week!! Since Andy is in Schaumburg, we traveled north a day early and visited with him before heading to Milwaukee, WI to spend Thanksgiving with my family there. I have an older sister and brother that live in Wisconsin so every other year, we go there. Anyway, aside from being with 6 of my surviving siblings, we had nieces and nephews galore!! The kids were thouroughly satisfied with the amount of friends they had all week.
An after Thanksgiving tradition...bowling! The boys loved it and Madalynn simply wanted to keep running into the lanes. Fun times!

Yes, there was plenty of snow in Wisconsin during Thanksgiving week.


My niece, Emily and I took our kids to see some Christmas lights. Emily has a 3 year old, Henry and a 1 yr old, Vivian. It was fun to hang out and watch our kids interact. We were missing my other niece, Maria and her adorable 2 year old, Ava, but we were able to play with Ava a lot at my sister, Ann's home. Nothing better than being with family over the holidays.

Okay, I think we are fairly caught up. Well, at least the interesting stuff anyway. Stay tuned as I still need to write about "Trek" and my experience there. 
I love you all (the 3 of you reading this blog especially) and hope to continue sharing our journey. If anything, my grandkids and great grandkids will one day get a great laugh out of my wild blog posting😄
Cheers!





 



























No comments:

Post a Comment