Monday, July 14, 2014

Catching up: Summer fun!!

Okay, I get it, I fell off the blog wagon there for a bit but I am not completely gone...yet! I love having great friends like 'Jeni' who remind me that "It's been a while since your last post." I need a little encouraging every now and again. Plus, I need help in keeping my promises to myself sometimes.
Anyway, summer is in full effect at the Stearns household and let me just say that 3 small kids do not stop anyone from having loads of fun! In fact, they help increase the fun 100%!! A weekly summer event has been taking Diego to his T-Ball practices! Tomorrow will be the official last day because we had some make-up days due to rain but nonetheless, it has been super fun watching our little guy learn and grow in his "baseball career."
Of course, since this is T-Ball, and it is the YMCA, EVERYONE gets a trophy on "Trophy Day." If you know me, you realize how tricky this is for me to accept. I am just a big supporter of teaching kids that it is okay to lose sometimes, as long as you learn from it and get better next time. However, I clearly understand that T-ball is where fundamentals are learned and not a lot of skill is involved. It's great, they all do deserve a trophy as they all endured some hot, humid sometimes stormy weather to play with their team and make new friends.
I hope Diego ALWAYS remembers his amazing experience with T-Ball and his great coach and teammates. It has truly been a fun season and I LOVE being a "baseball mom!!"
Another BIG milestone this summer was having Diego advance from pre-school to Kindergarten! I will fully admit now that I cried on the last day of pre-school and there was not even a ceremony. The kids got to go on a final field trip to a local ice cream shop to celebrate their last day. I joined in and could not help but let the emotions of our first born getting older overtake me. It was a hard day for me but also a great day because there is nothing I want more than to see our children grow up and develop into fantastic adults. It still makes it hard
His last day compared to his first day! So much more confidence in this face and a desire to conquer the world!! (okay, that's just how I feel as his mommy)

They were able to learn how to make homemade ice cream and tour the facility, including the industrial freezer in the back.

Diego getting some help from one of his fabulous teachers, Mrs. Mills!! Mrs. D was also in attendance and I kick myself for not getting a photo of the three of them.

Asking and receiving his own ice cream...vanilla, plain, just how he likes it. However, I think he tried cookies and cream this time around...!!

How could you not be happy ending school with some ice cream in hand. He was also a "birthday boy" this day as they sang to everyone who will have a summer birthday. It was a great day and a memory to cherish. We LOVED Sunrise Early Childhood Center in Lawrence and would recommend anyone there! In fact, J.J. may soon be following in his brother's footsteps.
Speaking of JJ, he has had a fun summer as well! Between watching his brother play T-ball every Wednesday, to finally desiring to go to Grandma Wendy's a couple of days a week, he has been fairly busy exploring and growing as the kid in the middle of our family!
Oh, did I say watching his brother play, I meant he himself would try to play as well! Diego's coach was always so good about letting JJ run bases with his brother or stand as a "1st base coach." JJ cannot wait to get into the mix of things so we know next year will be fun.
Have I ever mentioned how funny JJ is? His sense of humor is second to none in our household and he seriously makes us laugh every day! We have also had a lot of water fun this summer and this is something JJ truly enjoys...
He can't help how cool he is!

The boys really love spending time with some of their dearest friends, Dallton and Eddison! It is always a fun time when these four get together. They were able to spend a day playing in the sun while Andy and I attended youth conference (stay tuned for a post on that!)
Bringing up the rear is our beautiful Madalynn and she too has experienced quite a busy summer!
Even sweet Maddy has been brainwashed into wearing her Daddy's favorite team's gear. Looks like it is going to be an uphill battle to switch their wardrobe to include Dodger gear...*sigh*

I think Madalynn by far is our water baby!! She has NEVER ONCE hesitated to go "jump in the pool!" The boys would cry if it was too cold, or someone would splash or the sun was in their eyes...etc. Not this girl! She has never let anything stop her from getting in the water and so I have hope that I will have my swimmer child after all!

This was Madalynn helping me get in the spirit of our Youth Conference/Pioneer Trek. She did a great job of rocking the bonnet look!
So if you can't tell by now, WE LOVE THE OUTDOORS!! We take advantage of summer and the warm weather since we know what comes our way near October. I think one of the BEST parts of being a mom has been watching my kids become more and more active and choose certain things they like. Whether it is the pool, baseball or swinging at the park, the Stearns family has fun together all summer long!








No comments:

Post a Comment