Tuesday, April 8, 2014

JJ turns 2!!

So, as promised, I am going to keep up with this!! Not to mention, when you have three children 4 and under, there really is a lot to write about! I also realize, I want some memories....and I want my kids to have them too.
Now that we are in the month of April, we officially have a 2 year old!! That's right folks, JJ is now 2, and he can tell you and show you on his hand! We were so excited for his birthday...okay, maybe JJ was more excited but it's a mood point. Currently, JJ has the vocabulary of a 5 year old (that's not just me bragging, the kid seriously talks A LOT!) He can write one J for his name, he loves the book "Creepy Carrots," Thomas the train and of course DINOSAURS!! When we would ask him what he wanted for his birthday he would always respond with "A DINOSAUR CAKE!!" How could we let him down? So we gave in and had the wonderful Taylor's bakery in downtown Fishers (seriously, soooo good!) make it.
You can't really see it but just know, it was awesome in the way it looked and tasted! We had a small "birthday party" with our family, Grandma and Pop-pops Stearns, Uncle and Aunt Haynie and our cousins, Branden, Emelyn, Kevin, Sean and of course Nana Shirley and uncle Andrew. Seems like JJ only has "family birthdays" so I may shoot for an actual friend party next year. But hey, he doesn't care as long as there was cake a a present!

Like I said, he LOVES dinosaurs so the food was themed to cater to his likes. We had Dino shaped chicken nuggets, French fries, salad and homemade Mac and cheese! It was so fun!!

It was a great time filled with fun memories watchin JJ be excited to turn 2! Still can't believe my baby is already 2!! We love you Jonathan Jiro!!







No comments:

Post a Comment