Thursday, April 3, 2014

The little things..


So, I have been thinking a lot about this past Tuesday's young women activity. For my non-LDS friends, young women is a group of youth girls ages 12-18 in our church. (Side note: to learn more visit www.lds.org) Anyway, we did something a little unconventional as this week all our girls were on Spring break. This meant two things, 1. We were not going to have a huge turnout as many families travel and 2. We had a little more time since waking up for school was not a necessity. So thanks to my brilliant advisor, Sierra, we found out about this store called Rocket Fizz located in "the square" of downtown Indianapolis!
As the sign states, it's a Soda pop and candy shop!! Seriously, that's what it is!! You walk in and it is wall to wall soda and candy and some of this stuff I have not seen since junior high...I get it, I need to get out more, but I digress. So you ask what's so cool about soda and candy? Well, have you ever tried JalapeƱo soda? How about some Martian poop? Any ranch dressing lovers? They have a flavor for that too..
Just think of the possibilities... Trust me, we did! We spent about an hour searching for the right soda to try and hopefully like.
Just in case you were thinking that it was like a Zonko's from Harry Potter---->
It was!! Such a fun place and spent with some amazing women...both young and older than young:-) Do I wish we would have had all our girls with us, absolutely!! But I forget those moments that can be had with a smaller more intimate group. It really has been the little things in this service opportunity for me that make me smile and warm my heart. I love these girls, each and every one and each for different reasons! They are unique and wonderful in every way. 
We ended up with flavors like Almond creme, Pumpkin Pie, Juicy Pear, Peanut Butter and so on. It was a great night, filled with great memories and all it took was a small "Soda Pop and Candy Shop" to do the trick!


No comments:

Post a Comment