Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter bugs and Stomach fun!

I figured since it has been almost four days after Easter that I should probably write about our 2014 Easter. After all, it was Madalynn's first and JJ's first real egg hunt! However, you may notice by the title of this blog that things got a little interesting around our house Easter evening, but I will get to that in a minute. First, the happy, fun, spiritual side of a fantastic Easter...
Our dear friends, the Culwell family, host an annual Easter Egg hunt at their home. It is truly an amazing event that I am sure takes a lot of planning and effort on their part. Not sure they rally know how much people like me truly appreciate it though. Anyway, it's huge! Two separate hunts (one for smaller kids and one for bigger kids, and eggs lauded out virtually across their entire property!! It's always a great time. The boys were so wide eyed and excited to go hunting for candy filled ovals of goodness!!
And they're off!!
JJ didn't realize he could pick up more than just one egg. So after his first one, he stood up, looked at it, opened it up and was content with finding one piece of candy. I should have let him think that, but noooo, I had to be the competitive mom that made sure he got his fair share of 18 eggs!! So foolish, with 18 eggs come 18 reasons to make our dentist happy!
The analytical brain of our sweet Diego would not let him settle for just ANY egg. He had to make sure what he was picking up was worth his effort. He seriously thought about each egg he put in his basket.



Madalynn and I knew better than to mix in the chaos. So we cheered heavily for "Team Stearns" from the sidelines...
Not to mention, it was a beautiful spring day in Indiana so short sleeves were a must! After a winter in the -20's, 60 degrees feels like summer!! 
The boys were proud of their hunt gatherings and were ready to indulge in some of their winnings. I, being the great parent that I am, did not realize how quickly a 4yr old can get through 18 eggs of candy. Yep, Diego ate it all in one sitting. Ask him how he felt after....yeah, not so good. 
Of course the next day was Easter Sunday and so of course the classic Easter dress has to be showcased by our lovely Madalynn!
                 I said lovely, right?

Better, much better. Anyway, as much as I have enjoyed searching for Easter vests or ties for the boys in the past, I have to say, shopping for a girl on Easter is SOOOO much more fun! Let's be real folks, girl clothes are just cuter than boy clothes. There, I said it! Sadly, we were so focused on Madalynn's outfit that we only got around to buying the boys a new pair of church pants and white shirts. No big deal....so here is a picture from last year to help paint a picture...
We had a great time at church remembering our Savior, Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made on our behalf. Without Him, I could not live again with my precious family and I am truly grateful for that. All who spoke or gave a lesson on Sunday were truly inspired and led by the Spirit of The Lord and it was a great time to reflect and be grateful. 
Then there was after church....where the stomach fun, or should I say flu, began. It started with Diego and eventually swept all other occupants of our home including my mom and brother. Thankfully, it was a "24 hour" type bug that knocked us out Sunday night and all of Monday, but let us all get back to normal on Tuesday. No fun, but added a special memory to our 2014 Easter. 
So, there it is. Our first Easter as a family of 5 and with lots of fun memories to talk about later in life! Once again, the real reason for Easter is the main focus in our home. #BecauseofHim we don't have to live in sorrow and sin. We can live with our families forever, and we can know true joy and love! That for sure is what I am eternally grateful for. Happy Easter everyone!!











No comments:

Post a Comment